The Program Manager of the RO has responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the operation and administration of the program in repatriation of Native American human remains, funerary objects, sacred objects, and objects of cultural patrimony presently held in the collections of the Department of Anthropology.
In this position, you will:
- Performs program management of all aspects of administration of the Repatriation Office.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, and manages the documentation, deaccession, and repatriation of Native American human remains, funerary objects, sacred objects, and objects of cultural patrimony.
- Prioritizes inventory projects using knowledge of the Anthropology of North American Indians and familiarity with the legal issues surrounding repatriation.
- Engages and consults directly with Native American groups over issues concerning the disposition of Native American holdings.
- Sets goals and timetables and monitors progress reports on collections, ensuring reports are completed in a timely fashion and contain all relevant historical/ archaeological information and accession/catalogue data necessary.