Museum Anthropology, is the journal published by the Council for Museum Anthropology (CMA), a section of the American Anthropological Association. The journal is currently co-edited by Chip Colwell-Chanthaphonh and Stephen Nash. The journal is published in partnership with Wiley-Blackwell Publishers, through the publications program of the American Anthropological Association. Members of the Council for Museum Anthropology receive the journal as a members benefit and the journal receives support from the dues for section membership.
Museum Anthropology seeks to be a leading voice for scholarly research on the collection, interpretation, and representation of the material world. Through critical articles, provocative commentaries, and
thoughtful reviews, this peer-reviewed journal aspires to cultivate vibrant dialogues that reflect the global and trans-disciplinary work of museums. Situated at the intersection of practice and theory, Museum Anthropology advances our knowledge of the ways in which material objects are intertwined with living histories of cultural display, economics, socio-politics, law, memory, ethics, colonialism, conservation, and public education.
Email related to the journal can be sent to: email@example.com
* Back issues of Museum Anthropology are available online in the AnthroSource digital portal. With issue 30(1), the journal will be published concurrently in print form and in AnthroSource.
* The journal is indexed in Anthropological Index and Anthropological Literature.
* The editorial office also maintains The Museum Anthropology Blogspot, an online weblog (blog) that supports the mission of the journal.
* For subscription, submission guidelines, and advertising information, see the journal’s page on the website of Wiley Blackwell.
* Submissions and inquiries are welcome and should be directed to the editors at: firstname.lastname@example.org