The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a Program Coordinator. In collaboration with the Director of Special Events and Affiliate Programs and the Council’s Leadership, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the administration, event planning, revenue and membership growth of the Black Arts Council, a key donor group at MoMA.
- Manages overall program administration and serves as the primary staff liaison for The Black Arts Council (BAC), a dues-paying group of approximately 140 members with a mission to foster a greater appreciation for art and artists of the African diaspora and to amplify Black perspectives through the Museum’s program and initiatives.
- Expands the volume, breadth, and depth of new members to the BAC. Oversees and markets BAC membership through active recruitment and retention efforts. Processes membership applications and renewals, and maintains membership database, confidential donor files, and departmental records.
- Drafts and manages the communications strategy for the group, including invitation mailings, weekly newsletters, annual giving renewals, letters of thanks/acknowledgements of gifts and benefit fulfillment.
- Works directly with the BAC Co-Chairs and Executive Committee to plan fundraising strategies, set revenue goals, meeting agendas, and ensures that the robust annual calendar of activities (20+ exclusive events per year) serve the mission and the financial goals of the Council.
- Independently creates, produces, and hosts all BAC events throughout the year; oversees all details including invitations, production, catering, security, and budgets.
- Responsible for fundraising strategy and goals for annual Black Arts Council benefit. Works with the Department of Special Events to coordinate all aspects of the event, including securing honorees, co-chairs and performers.
- Assists in the continued growth and management of the Black Arts Council Endowments, which provide crucial support to the Museums exhibitions, education programs and acquisitions by Black artists.
- Develops and oversees BAC annual budget. Processes invoices and tracks expenses. Ensures that funds received are directed to the appropriate Museum accounts.
- Serves as liaison between BAC members and the Museum staff, including the curatorial teams and the Departments of Membership, Development, and Special Events, among others.
- Provides outreach support to Human Resources in the selection process of the 12-month Black Arts Council diversity intern funded by the BAC.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.