Hours / Compensation: Up to 20 hours per week at $17 per hour
Organization: Hosanna Community House, Inc. (HCH) is an award-winning non-profit
organization responsible for two Freedmen’s Bureau Schools built in 1867 that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Hosanna School Museum and McComas Institute, as well as associated collections. Our mission is to collect, preserve and interpret the history of Harford County, Maryland, through the lens of the African American experience within national contexts.
Role: The Museum Grad intern/Museum Assistant will be responsible for supporting
programs and other activities that advance the HCH mission and community engagement of both museums. The intern is under the direct supervision of the Associate Director and indirectly, the Executive Director, to gain professional experience.
Applicants must possess the following experience and skills:
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in History, Sociology, Anthropology, Museum Studies
or similar disciplines, and a Graduate degree in progress
• Research and/or experience areas of focus must be in African American History or
Studies and culture
• Have strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Have strong organizational skills
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; and have basic
familiarity in the use of Excel. Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite or
• Be knowledgeable with the use of social media platforms (Facebook,