Call for Applications: Volunteer Museum Anthropology Blog Manager, Council for Museum Anthropology
The Council for Museum Anthropology (CMA) Communications Committee is looking for a Blog Manager.
In existence for over twelve years, the CMA blog is a leading online resource for museum anthropologists, practitioners, and scholars. The blog circulates job and fellowship opportunities, news from the field, news and reviews about museums and exhibitions, and serves as a venue for public scholarship. As blog manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Finding and posting relevant job, internship, and fellowship opportunities, as well as information on relevant conferences or workshops.
- Reading and posting relevant news articles.
- Publicizing any CMA or AAA announcements in regards to the annual meetings, calls for papers, awards, workshops, etc.
- At times, working with the communications committee on guest posts.
- Working as a member of the communications committee at-large and thinking through best communications strategies for the organization.
Though this is a volunteer position, this opportunity offers significant mentorship and professional development opportunities with both the CMA and its parent organization, the American Anthropological Association.
The blog is run via WordPress as part of the larger CMA web platform. WordPress experience is recommended but not required.
For more information or to apply, please email CMA secretary and outgoing blog manager, Lillia McEnaney, email@example.com. In your application, please include:
- Name, email, and phone number
- Any institutional affiliations you hold
- Areas of specialization or potential interest
- 500 word description of your interest in the position, and any background you have in communications or social media
Applications are due on March 31, 2023.