SUMMARY: The National Park Service is soliciting nominations for one member of the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Review Committee. The Secretary of the Interior will appoint the member from nominations submitted by Indian tribes, Native Hawaiian organizations, and traditional Native American religious leaders. The nominee need not be a traditional Indian religious leader. Nominations must include the following information:
- Nominations by traditional religious leaders: Nominations must be submitted with the nominator’s original signature and daytime telephone number. The nominator must explain that he or she is a traditional religious leader.
- Nominations by Indian tribes or Native Hawaiian organizations: Nominations must be submitted on official tribal or organization letterhead with the nominator’s original signature and daytime telephone number. The nominator must be the official authorized by the tribe or organization to submit nominations in response to this solicitation. The nomination must include a statement that the nominator is so authorized.
- A nomination must include the following information:
- The nominee’s name, postal address, daytime telephone number, and email address; and
- The nominee’s resume or brief biography emphasizing the nominee’s NAGPRA experience and ability to work effectively as a member of an advisory board.
DATES: Nominations must be received by July 15, 2013.
Please visit the National NAGPRA website for more information.